Chocolate makes a wonderful flavor of ice cream; it can be put into cookies, brownies, or eaten in a wide variety of bar forms. This month of July 2 days of the calendar dedicated to it- International Chocolate Day and The Milk Chocolate Day celebrated on 7th and 28th respectively.
Here are some interesting facts about chocolates you probably didn’t know-
- The worldwide consumption of chocolate every year is 7.2 million metric tons. Switzerland is the world highest chocolates consumer with an average person consuming 9.5 kgs a year.
- Eating dark chocolate every day reduces the risk of heart disease by 1/3.
- The ancient Mayans used cocoa beans as a currency. 10 beans were enough to buy a rabbit and 100 were enough to buy a slave!
- A bar of Dark chocolate has five times the Flavonoids found in an apple. Flavonoids have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-clotting effects that can reduce the risk of diabetes by improving insulin sensitivity.
- Dark chocolate improves learning, memory, and focus and helps relieve stress.
For more facts visit-